April 5, 2022 – Constant Energy announced it has achieved Gold Medal status from EcoVadis – the internationally recognised sustainability rating agency present in 160 countries with a network of 90,000 rated companies – for its CSR performance and sustainable procurement with a score of 68/100.
This detailed assessment measures the maturity of policies as well as the actions undertaken based on 21 criteria grouped into four main themes: Environment, Labour and Human Rights, Ethics and Sustainable Procurement.
This year’s Gold Medal awarded to Constant Energy puts it in the Top 5% of the best performing companies assessed by EcoVadis.
Constant Energy is now among the Top 13% of companies assessed by EcoVadis in the ‘Electricity, Gas, Steam and Air Conditioning Supply’ category, having obtained a score greater than or equal to 68/100.
This new distinction recognises Constant Energy’s actions in terms of environmental and corporate social governance, affirming the commitment of the renewable energy company, the soundness of its strategy and transparency in terms of sustainable development. It further illustrates Constant Energy’s long-standing commitment to a sustainable business model which respects the environment and society.
The solar energy company is stepping up its initiatives in the four main thematic areas assessed by EcoVadis:
- Constant Energy has increased the generation of carbon credits by 224% from 2020 to 2021.
- Labour and Human Rights
- Constant Energy’s company handbook published in 2018 and updated in 2020, outlines the solar power organization’s commitment to respecting human rights and strengthening the protection of fundamental social rights.
- Constant Energy has implemented structured mechanisms to deal with policy violations such as disciplinary actions for compliance in conducting solar energy business in all of its locations.
- A whistleblowing procedure for stakeholders to report corruption and bribery has been made available for Constant Energy employees and deployed in all of its subsidiaries since September 2021.
- Sustainable Procurement
- Constant Energy has issued a comprehensive policy that integrates commitments, qualitative and quantitative objectives on the management of its sustainable procurement issues.
Franck Constant, CEO of Constant Energy, commented:
“Constant Energy has now earned a Gold Medal for our strong performance. We are extremely proud of this performance achieved through the commitment of OneTeam as a whole. Once again, this demonstrates that Constant Energy has its rightful place among the most responsible companies. We have long-term specific initiatives to accelerate the deployment of renewable power supply sources to our global clients. What we have implemented illustrates our sense of commitment to tackling our world’s environmental and social challenges. We are committed to further increasing our efforts and pace in providing sustainable world class renewable energy and low-cost power.”